Thursday, August 7, 2008

10 conversations that tell me my little ones have grown...

Tristan at 4 and Jason at 3


here are 10 conversations between me and my little ones...conversations that tell me they're little no more....


1. Tristan: "Mom, i need new briefs, the ones i have are all tight now."


Me: "Really?" (as if I don't have a clue he has grown already!)


2. Jason: "Mommy look, I didn't have to fold my pants!" (with a smile on his face!)


Me: "Amazing!" (with a sigh of relief that he is finally growing!)


3. Me: "We're going to the grocery, who wants to come?"


Tristan and Jason: (no answer, both silent!)


4. Me: "Hey look, aren't these shirts nice"


Jason: "Mommy can you please stop buying the same shirt all the time?"


5. Tristan: "Can we go out today?"


Me: "Do you want to watch a movie?"


Jason: "No, can we go shopping?"


6. Jason: "Kuya, check that out!"


Me: "Oh that's a nice car!"


Tristan: "No mom, he meant the girls!"


7. Tristan: "Mom can I ask you something?"


Me: "Sure!"


Tristan: "When am I allowed to have a girlfriend?"


Me: "Never!"


Tristan: "I'm serious mom."


Me: "And I'm serious too!"


8. Jason: "Mommy watch this commercial quick!"


Me: "Why, do you like that snack?"


Jason: "Not the snack mommy! I like the pants and the shirt that guy is wearing."


9. Me: "Do you want a happy meal? It has a batman toy in it!"


Tristan and Jason: (stares at me sharply and walks away!")


and finally...this last one made my heart say, you have to let them go and spread their wings, they're little no more....


10. Me: "Jason be careful, don't run it's slippery!"


Tristan: "Don't worry mom, I got his back!"




6 comments:

Chrizelle said...

sorry, mom... heartbreaking as it may be but we can't keep them "babies" forever. I bet you're one proud mom to see that you guided them to be who they are now.

shesgr8 said...

oh yes selda...but perhaps i need to keep reminding myself that i don't hold their lives in the palm of my hands, all i can ever do is hold their hands and let them live their lives...

DKingmaker said...

my dear friend....your words are so heartwarning....and I know how u feel....times flies so quickly and life just passes us by...but as I have always said, your are BLESSED...bacause you see your boys growing before your eyes and I and all who know you knows that you are doing and you have a done a great job in raising those two wonderful kids :)

"What greater task is there than molding and shapping the future for our children"

Always take care.....

icygabriel said...

wow, this is breaking my heart... can't imagine these two little boys, all grown up... good thing i have lots of time with nathan... he's mine... all mine... for now atleast..

Mae Nolasco said...

no no no!!! they can't grow up ='( letting go of them like that seems harder than taking care of them when they were babies ='(

shesgr8 said...

oh yeah for sure...it's like everyday, they grow farther away from me and closer to the world...i just hope that one day they will both turn back and say, "we're so glad you had us well prepared for the world mom!"